Medior IT Data Scientist
Semaku is seeking for a Medior IT Data Scientist. In this medior role you will be in direct contact with multiple parties including the customer. You will work closely with our Senior consultants who will support and guide you in your activities. You will be responsible for a broad range of activities from gathering requirements, creating data models, integrating datasets, analyse data patterns and creating data enhancement opportunities. This also hands on like for instance able to create data queries like SPARQL yourself.
General duties and responsibilities include:
- Ability to translate business requirements into a structured form (standardised analytical language) Performs gap-analysis with the assistance of other team members
- The Medior Data Scientist is responsible for defining data models and is able to come up with best of bread data integration scenario’s being served in an understandable manner for the customer
- Performs review, analysis and evaluation of business and user requirements
- Writes documentation of detailed business requirements and business flows for development projects
- Reviews all design solutions for accuracy and adherence to the business requirements
- Gives design input through knowledge of software and industry to ensure all accommodations have been made
- Answers functional questions about the system
- Documents training materials and provides training if needed
- Researches and documents bugs, communicates issues to developers
In your role you will be in close contact with our customers and depending on the project may act as a liaison between the customer and our developers. As we are a young startup company you will also have a lot of freedom and possibilities to shape your tasks, define your development path and help the company grow.
- 5-10 years work experience, master degree in Mathemathics, Computer Science or Technical Business Administration preferably with specialization Business Information Systems
- Strong communicator and relationship builder
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking required
- Experience with 'big data' tools like Hadoop, Spark and so on being a plus
- Experience with Semantic Web technologies and concepts such as RDF, SPARQL, JSON-LD, Linked Data, W3C standards
- Ability to conduct Consulting engagements, do requirements gathering from customers, understand business need and articulate solutions
- Negotiation, Presentation Skills should be apt to showcase technology depth and breadth of the organization
- Ability to map to the right stakeholders, multivendor/practice/party coordination.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently, Self-starter
- Located in the Netherlands preferably in the area of Eindhoven
- Good written and oral communication skills, fluent in English and Dutch
- Willing to learn new skills
- Fast learner, curious and a team player
- Highly innovative work and inspiring environment
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity for rapid growth and skills development
- Possibility for learning via additional courses supporting you in your projects and activities
- Be part of and shape an ambitious startup company
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference Medior IT Data Scientist.